Monday, April 6, 2015

Farmers Wife Quilt Along

When I opened the shop in October 2014 one of the quilts I wanted to do in the shop is the Farmers Wife.  I have done a lot of research on the quilt.  I have two groups who meet monthly.  We started the quilt along in January, and we made two blocks that month, and the ladies decided they wanted to make more than two blocks a month so we are now making four blocks a month.  The ladies have enjoyed making the blocks, and reading the stories.  I will continue to post our monthly progress, and maybe it will inspire you to do a farmers wife quilt of your own.

January Blocks











February Blocks











March Blocks











April Blocks











In June 2015 there is going to be a new Farmers Wife coming out, and the blocks are going to be about Farmers Wife from the Depression.  I will be hosting a quilt along next year on that book as well.

2 comments:

  1. How can I purchase the book to make this quilt. I love it and would really like to start and finish right along with you. Thank you, cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl I can mail you a book. Why don't you email the shop quiltreasures@q.com and I will get your information and get it out to you. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

    ReplyDelete